Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stairs (& my P.I.F. - at last!)

N'awlins...
Nahhhh!
NYC!
5/23/9

Yes, I know any native New Orleans person would be appalled
at the above N'awlins spelling and pronunciation!

~

An embarrassing amount of months ago, I was chosen as one of AsthmaGirl's (aka the lovely Diane) recipients of her pay-it-forward post. She sent me a lovely sour-dough starter, the beginnings of which is many years old. More recently I got (by subterfuge, I must admit, but how that subterfuge was done, I'll never tell) a wonderful pay-it-forward from Ms. Daryl! She sent me a lovely and much loved vintage Vera Bradley bag she had received from a very dear friend who has since passed on, and a totum key chain, which, if I understand this correctly, any time I have it on me and eat, no calories actually are consumed by me - and that I like a LOT, (if I'm wrong about this explanation, please do not tell me!).

And now it is my turn to Pay-It-Forward.

Anyone who'd like to participate, just leave a comment here. Eventually I'll throw the few or many names into a hat and let MPM choose 2 or 3 to Pay-it-Forward to! I have in mind what I'm sending the winners (appropriate even if you're a guy), and all you have to do is promise to, well, Pay-it-Forward! If you want to take part in this, but have already participated in P-I-F or don't have a blog, just make a donation to your local food kitchen instead if you win. That'll make nice. Hmmmm....matter of fact, in honor of this, I think I'll make a donation to our food kitchen! Any excuse to do that is lovely, and P-I-F seems a better excuse than most. (And if you want to play along but don't want a physical present, I'll make a donation to our food kitchen in your name.)

So, my friends, there you have it!

~~~

xoabb
a lovely evening to all!!

11 comments:

  1. Is your sour-dough starter still alive? I'd love a bit of it.

    BTW: There is a 150+ year old starter that has been distributed for free via the internet for *years*. It is quite good, though distinctly different from your typical sourdough starter.

    http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/

    Incredible story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic makes me dizzy!!!! its amazing... i have a high school friend on facebook who now lives in hong kong and hes been posting pics of there ( i like to think just for me LOL) and i am astounded at the sizes of the buildings and crush of humanity...and yes pick me I LOVE PIF's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture of the stairs.

    I'll bite for PIF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shot. Do NOT allow me to pick me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing perspective in this photo, Annie. I am very glad I don't have to climb any of those stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo as it almost plays tricks on the eye...or is it the brain. Something about the angles of the stairs that I love. Trellises, arbors, you get the drift.
    I agree with Pat...I don't want to have to climb them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that shot .. do not pick me .. and I am so happy you love Raymond's bag .. a bigger more loving Queen there never was .. and he was very proud to be one and carry that bag ... I know he would approve of your owning it now ... and that keyring really works ..

    Make a donation to the food bank for me and then I will send you a check OR you can send me the address and I will send them a check .. which ever works best ..xoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the stairs...so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are those stairs going? I love that snap! About the PIF? The food bank is the way to go even though I really do enjoy unloading my stuff on other folks! I'm gonna make a donation to my local food bank in your name. How you like me now?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that place~ and I LOVE your photo of it!!

    I will play and if I win, I would like to do the donation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that stair shot!

    I'm already particpating in a PIF, so I'll donate to my local food bank! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb