Friday, October 01, 2010

Dee! Lish! Us!


Well, this should be Sky Watch Friday, but it happens to be

Shrimp Watch - Really Good Dinner - Friday

instead!


Ms LaLa told me about her shrimp recipe to-do thingy and I have to tell you that it is one of the very best dishes I've ever made/had! I really must share her dish with you as you'll LOVE it too.

Here's her formula:

1 - 2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined;
Arrange those babies in a single layer in some sort of a shallow casserole type of pan.

For the sauce:
Shallots, at least 2, chopped well
Garlic, at least 3 cloves, chopped well
1 stick butter
a scattering of olive oil
a good 1/3 cup or more vermouth (or LaLa's white wine - vermouth is my innovation)
cayenne/red pepper flakes to taste
juice of at least one lemon, more if you're sour minded like me
oops! MPM just pointed out I forgot to include parsley (chopped) in the recipe! I did add it to the above, as you can see, just forgot to put it here

Preheat oven to 400º. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in a casserole kind of dish. Melt the butter with all the other ingredients in the microwave (or in a pot on the stove if you're so inclined). When all is melted and incorporated, pour over the shrimp. Put in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. If you like a more browned effect, just broil for a few minutes.

This is most excellent with a side of rice (brown, of course as we're so very health conscious) and a green salad. YUM if I don't say so myself!

~~~

xoabb
expecting to be invited somewhere for dinner SOON!

10 comments:

  1. If one was inclined to cook, she would sure try this. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember when shrimp were a luxury and quite expensive! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmm.....yummy!
    box it up and send it to GA- I'll be waiting outside for UPS man

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...I'm so glad you posted this, so when I forget how I made it, I can come here to remember...and also, a little parsley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say, that looks jolly good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am slobbering. And it is not an attractive slober either. Can't you send some through the mail? I hate cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling, here. It sounds delicious.. and like it maybe wants a bit of grated Parmesan cheese..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take "shrimp watch" over "sky watch" any day! These look sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb