Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving, With a Lovely Tradition Revisited...


Last year my oldest daughter began "The Thankful Leaf" Tradition. As silly as some of us thought it was at the time, it's a tradition that's lasted for a second year, and I dare say, will last for many a year to come, (tho some of it really isn't pretty - chalk it up to youth)!

It seems that each year there is a theme beyond our thankfulness that most of us are aware of - this year that theme was that Bly, Hailey and Lauren promised to do all the dishes...(snicker!)

Before our most magnificent dessert, with photo, and the before our sideways rendition of "So Long Farewell", I give you our Thankful list:

~I am thankful for my family, friends & good health - and I am thankful that Bly, Lauren & Hailey are doing the dishes!

~I'm grateful that we are all here to celebrate my son's first Thanksgiving and that Bly, Lauren and Hailey and Genevieve [family friend] are doing the dishes.

~I am thankful for a stick, and for dinosaurs. (This next part was added by her uncle, who is also her bro's godfather, but which Ella TOTALLY agrees with:-): Also I am thankful for my baby brother and his godfather who is my very favorite! ~Ella

~I am thankful for my family, friends, getting drunk @ noon on a Tuesday and that Bly, Hailey and Lauren agreed to do the dishes.

~I'm thankful for friends and family & Bly doing the dishes.

~I am thankful for my family! ~Simone

~I'm thankful for Bly - Hailey - Lauren for doing the dishes after...and it just so happens that I happen to have three paires of rubber gloves in the car for them!

~I'm thankful for family and friends. And that Bly has said he will do the dishes.

~I'm thankful for this big discombobulated Thanksgiving celebration and all the friends and family that make it so. Oh, and Bly doing the dishes!

~Great food made by great cooks!

~Life can be beautiful when you know you are loved!

~I am thankful 4
The health of our family,
The love our family shares,
The Sisca dumpster [inside joke]
& Bly doing the dishes!

~I am thankful for
My healthy 3 girls
(4 including CC [our dog])

~I am thankful for the most (tied for most
with Ella) beautiful godson in the world and am
also thankful that Ella loves me the most. I am
also thankful for the night I was conceived,
because I really like being here with all of you!

~I'm thankful that Bly agreed to do the dishes
tonight...and wash my car!

~I'm thankful for the Murray/Blystone/Varco
families for taking me in today. And for Bly for
agreeing to do the dishes!

~I'm thankful for being with family and friends to
enjoy this day...and that Bly has said he'd do the dishes!

~I'm thankful for my friends, family and THIS FOOD!
And BLY! Thankx!

~I am very grateful that Hailey, Lauren and Bly agreed to
do the dishes and other clean-up! Love, Grandpa Murray

~God Bless Bly Lauren and Hailey for doing a full clean-up
after this amazing dinner with such a great family!

~~~~~




Bon Appetit's recipe for the best damn ButterFinger Frosted cake EVER!
(Daryl, we LOVE that cookbook!)

~~~~~

And last, a sideways (use your imagination!) So Long Farewell:
Sideways, (because I do not know how to edit it), of a lovely song.

10 comments:

  1. i think that's a beautiful tradition....and i would be grateful for someone else doing the dishes too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking this is a tradition that we all could benefit from. Especially if Bly, Hailey and Lauren promised to do all the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that Bly seems to have written a whole bunch of these....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tradition.

    Can Bly come do my dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, MPM, Bly only wrote two - his and Miss El's, biased tho they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's actually a wonderful tradition. The year before my Mom died, she decided the 5 of us would do this. We wrote what we were thankful for and put it in the little ceramic turkey candle holder.

    Every year I read them. She had written she was glad to be alive and with family.

    Priceless treasure...hang on to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Sound of Music reenactment! So glad you had such a wonderful day, Annie. And that cake looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a wonderful tradition and one we should all do. We have much more to be thankful for than we usually think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb