Monday, March 23, 2009

Stella Really Was Quite Naughty

See that young man there? That's my son, Bly, with ~his~ dog, my Stella (tho yesterday, my dog? Not so much). Yesterday, he and his friends made a big batch of habanero wings. They ate some of them, then hurried downstairs to the satellite TV to see the end of one of the 1000's of basketball games on yesterday. They thought Stella was outside, so the wings were deemed to be safe and left on the kitchen table for a few minutes. About 20 of them. That was a mistake. A very big mistake. You guessed correctly. Sneaky Stella was upstairs, and when she heard the guys go downstairs, Miss Stealth Puppy came down to investigate, and my-o-my, she found the motherlode! Up on the kitchen table she got and down she ate every last one of those hotter than hot wings.
Do you know this is the very first time in Stella's life she has chosen not to throw up on one of the carpets in our house?? And believe me, this time it was waaay beyond a very good thing! Also for the very first time in my life, I found out about this calamity after the fact! And that's an even better thing. (The guys said the depths of grossness far surpassed anything they'd ever seen before.) After that debacle, Stella then spent a good many hours outside - and they made sure she really was outside that time. (By the way, today she's none the worse for wear.) The mother in me hopes lessons were learned by all parties involved - both human and dog!

~~~

xoabb
expect surprises!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, that poor poor naughty dog. Oh, I feel sick just thinking of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God. This scared me to death just reading it. Thank goodness she's alright. Dogs can't eat chicken bones, right? Well, I guess Stella can. Oh my....

    Did you smack the boys? Oh, and when will basketball ever be over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! Poor Stella, she's very lucky she didn't get really sick!

    On the other hand, my dog eats all kinds of gross stuff and rarely throws up, unless it's 4:30 in the morning and my husband's already in the shower and I have to wake up, jump out of bed and put him outside because he's doing the Gagging Song. Don't you just love that song?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stories like this make me so glad the Brute Squad is too small to get on the table or knock the trash over. Wow! Poor Stella. I hope she did learn a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Stella....glad she is none the worse for wear. Somehow I'm betting this lesson doesn't sink in and the next time...she will eat them again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gagging song....a sound dear to my heart...UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. poor naughty dog! love the pic of her in the chair with HER boy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't so fortunate last week when my dog decided to eat some plastic doohickey and it all came back up - all over my carpets - numerous times! Dogs, boys ~ you gotta love 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being the mom to 2 labs...doggies never learn!!!
    Love the picture! That is true love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm...well, that reminds me a lot of my late doggie...she used to love eating stuff (a labrador, of course, what else) and ate all the meat for the kids fellowship bbq once (being held at my place) oops. A packet of small easter eggs, complete with foil, and a cake of soap one Easter ..not in that order!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb