Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Sweet Peas for his SweetHeart...

Dad in the garden picking a bouquet of sweet peas to take to his sweetheart of nearly 60 years. Flowers are such an important part of their lives!
Dad and I couldn't possibly leave the house to see mom without him bringing her a bouquet of flowers from their garden. And sweet peas it had to be. They are one of mom's favorites.

A bouquet gathered for his bride...

(A photo aside: I know, I know! The quality of the photos are seriously lacking...however, I was standing quite a ways from where dad was and he hadn't any idea I was there - as I wanted it to be. Had he known I was snapping away, I would have been told not to. So please imagine the above as the perfect pics I imagine them to be instead of the snuck photos they are! Thank you very much.)
~~~

xoabb
everlasting love is real...

P. S. To all those who've asked, Mom is now truly doing much much better and we expect her to come home from the hospital no later than Thursday. As always, your friendship, thoughts, prayers, everything are so very appreciated. And more than you will ever know. Thank you.


No ABC Wednesday for me this week -
BUT
Go here to join the fun!

17 comments:

  1. Sweet peas - how sweet. We can all hope for the same after so many years of marriage.

    Glad to hear that your mother is doing better. My best to her - and to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find your camera? So glad mom is better! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that things are moving in the right direction for everyone. Give Mom my best and tell her I will make her another stollen!

    I love sweet peas. I agree with Ellen...hope to reach that 60 years with my guy and that he thinks to bring me sweet peas:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you found your camera?

    Glad your mom is doing better. Let me know if you have time to sneak away for a bit and meet up for coffee, a drink, whatever. I'll be there tonight (Wednesday) night. I think we're coming home (back to STL) Friday night.

    Email me from the contact button on my site. I'll send you my cell #.

    If it's too hectic with your mom still not feeling well, we'll get together your next trip in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hugs and prayers ... love the pics... really love the love:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your mom is doing better! What a sweetheart your dad is and how fortunate you and your mom are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see Roger up and running...hope Mary is walking in their garden soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news! I am glad your mother is turning the corner for a full recovery. Don't apologize for the quality of the photo, it's the subject matter that steals our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is perfect just the way it is!!! I love the sweet sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news about your mom... and I love the pix of your dad picking flowers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just catching up. I didn't know your mother was in the hospital, but I'm glad to know she's getting better. (Sometimes it pays to go in reverse order when catching up.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brought a tear to think of the love that still exists after all these years. Incredible.

    Hug your parents for us. They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad your Mom is doing better - now you can enjoy your visit a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful that they have been sweethearts that long!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb