Saturday, August 01, 2009

My CG Kate Bag Weekly Harvest


While my friend {Ellen} has thus far only harvested 20 lbs. of beans from her garden, I have already harvested my second 20! Well...beans. Oh awright, I've just harvested my second 20 beans. Not 20 pounds...20 beans. This day week I will not be feeding my family on the CG bean (or any other veggie) harvest. However, above, please behold my miniscule glorious CG bean glory! I know, I know...CG harvest wonders never cease! (By the way? The answer is yes! Yes, I am very very jealous of Ellen's 20 lb. thus far harvest. Very! I think she should share. With me.)

Oh, and for those who don't know, in this instance, CG Kate bag doesn't refer to my {Country Girl Kate} bag, (though she is the one who gave me my loverly Kate Bag), it refers to my Community Garden Kate bag. I've been use my CG Kate bag for harvesting and let's just say there's lots and lots of room in there. Lots of room. Unfortunately. However, hope springs eternal! I'll fill that bag yet! Yup, just wait till tomorrow - I'm showing you my ripe tomatoes-to-be...that will go in my CG Kate bag if they ever, and I have little hope they ever will when they ripen. O the anticipation!

~~~

xoabb
expect anything!

P. S. A shout-out to Chesapeake Bay Woman, she who taught me the beauty of the strike-through thingamagiggy. It is ever so loverly!

14 comments:

  1. I'm really not a bean person but I love green beans, I love yellow beans..but I can't find anything but green beans in a can here..which I actually bought and tried and they weren't bad, when you consider the option is nothing. I think I've seen some green beans at foreign stores but it's not every day I'm in those. It's on thing I'd like to try and plant when I someday get my kitchen garden!! Enjoy yours!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure makes for a pretty picture. I hope you reap more goodies from your garden soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be crying...I just love beans...well, I just love garden produce of any kind.

    It makes me happy and I want you to be happy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me clarify - that was about 50 lbs of beans, not 20. And about 25 cucumbers - ask Nurse Nancy about the pickle recipe. And if they ever ripen, there are about 25 lbs of tomatoes waiting to be picked. Of course, they will all ripen at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a nice appie .. served w/a nice cold bottle of Orginal Sin or a large glass o'Malbec ..

    and send me that address list again please .. merci!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love your edited reports :-) Now that I'm smiling, I will say that those 20 beans would be just right for one person. Tell the rest of the family to get their own and enjoy them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! They say most of gardening is the anticipation so you've got that part right anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly envious of your good fortune...wow...lucky, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! Just strike through those twenty green beans and talk about twenty pounds.

    You've got the system down pat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Twenty home grown green beans are more than I have. :) If I weren't so **** I could have a garden. I even cut down trees so I'd have a sunny spot in my back yard. Did I make a garden? Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope the beans make a comeback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mouth waters - these are gorgeous yummies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE strike-through.

    And in case no one tells you this or you didn't know,when it's about to frost, pick all your green tomatoes and keep them. They will ripen. Maybe by Thanksgiving, but if you're lucky, some will last until Christmas. I've heard to individually wrap them in newspaper, but I've never done that so cannot vouch for it personally. But all those lovely green things that start to turn red just before frost can be saved!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb