Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Vineyards Above San Jose

Today GB and I went on a little adventure to visit, among other things, one of my very favorite places in the whole wide world - and here in California there are so many of these wonderful places, it would take many many days to see every one of them. Can you guess what it is?

Some of the grape vines at the Savannah-Chanelle Vineyard.The Santa Clara Valley (and San Jose) is in the distance.

Vineyards, baby, we're talkin' vineyards!
We visited this vineyard on the recommendation of my both my brother and seester. Aside from the Napa Valley, it's Care's and brother Bbum and his wife Chrissy's local favorite. I think the views might have something to do with this as well as the fine wine they produce.


We drove to the top of the mountain first to see the sights - and sights we did see! When we rounded one corner our friend pictured there was peeing away on the tree, just like any good old male domestic dog. I stopped in the middle of the road - never a particularly wise thing to do on a curvy, narrow mountain road - to take this. Wish I could have captured his insolent face of just seconds before this was taken. Mr. Coyote (I'm assuming female coyote's do not lift their legs to pee, thus that is a male) had just given me his equivalent of a human flipping someone off. He then turned to lope off to do those things coyotes do.

This next picture is the view from the top of the mountain. We went up Big Basin Way. When we got to the top we had a choice of Skyline Drive toward San Francisco, or down a road to Santa Cruz. Hmmm...maybe tomorrow we'll venture there, but today? We're turnin' around and going to the winery. I see a tasting in my future!



While we have snow back east, here it's spring!


Another vine field at Savannah-Chanelle. It was incredibly beautiful. 
Tho February and March is the rainy season here, 
there is still so much beauty!



We came, we tasted and, as you can see, we stocked up!
If you can find Savannah-Chanelle wines, they're good!
The pinot noir is my favorite. GB's is the syrah port.


~~~
xoabb

3 comments:

  1. Where are the cocktail corner gals when I need them? I need wine! Wine! Lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh vineyard take me away...to hell with Calgon!
    jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture of the coyote. We unfortunately have them in our area of the country too.

    They are lethal for small dogs and cats.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb