Thursday, April 17, 2008

That Would Be Me!

Sometimes even a novice Bridge player,
(THAT WOULD BE ME!)
has a stroke of genius,
(ahem...perhaps just phenomenal luck??).

Last night I had a GRAND SLAM!!!!
(The ultimate triumph in Bridge World, I've learned)
And my partner, Jane, aka
Miss Walking Encyclopedia of Bridge
didn't even help me.
What's that old saying?
"Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and again."
Guess I found that ole' acorn!

It's a good thing I did because the first hand Miss Jane and I were dealt, I totally misbid - suffice it to say it was a complete disaster. I'm quite happy she likes me better as a friend than a bridge partner. ;-) We certainly had fun, tho!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thank you for your prayers for Mica.

    I love your blog. Would you mind if I put your link on my blog.
    Thanks
    God Bless You
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be honored, Patti!

    Thank you so very much!

    annbb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice the big bridge loser of the night -- MOI! But it was fun -- and filling... food was delish. Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nonsense - you're a good friend AND a prized bridge partner! The proof is in the pudding, or in this case the cards. Next time we play, let's do it again, whaddaya say?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb