Wednesday, April 09, 2008

WHEW!!!

~Mimi's very favorite flower~
(photo courtesy of my brother bbum - thanks, bro!)

Without belaboring the point too much, life as I (and my little ol' blog) know it hasn't been very normal since the beginning of March. I, my GB, and the rest of our family have been through the horribly beautiful journey of a loved one's death. No matter how old or whatever the loved one's life-stage is, it it NEVER easy to let them go.

I could go on and on with stories of Mimi's passing and her power - I swear she orchestrated the entire process - but for now I won't. I'm so very sad she's gone and on the other hand so very happy I'm home and things are returning to normal. No, nothing will EVER be the same, but as she told me, life always goes on, and it is always about those still living.

Miss her? I certainly always will, no question. Me back to normal? Absolutely...Mimi would accept nothing less of me. Bless her for that.

~~~

xoabb

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your Mimi. How wonderful though, that she was so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, all. And she knew how LUCKY she was to have you as her daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry for your loss!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb