Tuesday, November 17, 2009

BlyHot TNG, Yup, The Next Generation!

BlyHot TNG

For many years my parents have grown a bunch of different pepper plants in their garden. At the end of each growing season, they've dehydrated and ground them (in the Cuisinart) to make their famous (at least to our inner circle) BumHot. (Depending on the growing conditions, some years are hotter than others.) We've been the grateful recipients of BumHot over the years and we're hoping for another supply this year, but this year we've harvested, dried (in my ancient Galloping Gourmet (!!) food dehydrator) and ground our very first supply! Of course, all our plants were from seeds the BumHot originators supplied, and though I'm sure our mix isn't the same as theirs, it's good!
I wanted to call our dried pepper mix BumHot Jr., but was overruled...surprise surprise!

So we're going to go with BlyHot TNG.

Ours was a tremendous sneeze and watery eyes producer while in the making, and it has a tremendously wonderful tingly hot flavor now that it's finished! Maybe we got it just about perfectly right!

xoabb
expect family traditions to continue!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great to me! I'll take some, thank you!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie.. oh my that looks GOOD! somethings I have no talent.. er hmm read as patients for.. one is a garden. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very intrigued by this concoction. So, do you use a food dehydrator? For some odd reason, this never occurred to me to make it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am yearning for a taste .. save some!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) that looks seriously dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness you are taking care of the spicy stuff. I'm such a woosy!
    What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so delicious--wish I could stand the heat I used to could.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks good! Love me anything hot. So many of my peppers went to waste this year. Noe NOe Girl told me I could have strung them together by sewing them on a string, but it was too late to salvage the crop.

    Bottle that stuff up and sell it. Put me down for a case.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb