Friday, November 06, 2009

CT Coast Sunset


I was driving home from the grocery store on the 2nd and happened to glance toward the sunset. Must tell you, the day had been nice but nothing spectacular. I nearly wrecked the car when I caught a glimpse of the now gorgeous sunset sky!
So I had to chase that sunset out onto our local Saugatuck Shores. As I got to the parking lot, two old salts who had been clamming yelled: "Shoulda been here 3 minutes ago - that sunset was the most spectacular we've ever seen, and we've seen a lot of 'em!" That's me...always a day late and a dollar short. (sigh)
And though the above photo isn't as wonderful as it could have been 3 minutes earlier, I still think it's kinda sorta beautiful!
~~~

xoabb
expect me to be late sometimes!

Sky Watch Friday
Do join us!

19 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous and you didn't miss it all! And that's the important things! Such stunning dramatic colors! Terrific shot, my friend!

    Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not kinda sorta beautiful -- it is GORGEOUS! I can't imagine that it was any lovelier than this. You did a good thing. Thanks for sharing; your photo has surely lifted my spirits (haven't seen a really pretty sunset for a long while.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful reflection in the water. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is "still beautiful". The colors are stunning and the refection in the water, well, it's all great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to worry about the one that got away. This photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't imagine this being any more spectacular! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I don't think 3 minutes earlier would have been any better :-) So much color in this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still a very impressive sky! Being an avid sunrise watcher I understand the difference 3 minutes make, in fact I talk about it in my sky post today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ... pfffit to those old salts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you still got an outstanding shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The old salts have less time left to see one so spectacular - so good for them. You'll have many more beauties to experience.. and this one sure ranks way up there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photograph! Oh my! I really love the colors you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kinda sorta beautiful? Oh no, it IS BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kinda sorta??? I still call it spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ann: That is a wonderful view of the red and yellow sky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't even imagine what it would have been that was better than this. The Old Salts were probably pulling your chain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb