Monday, November 02, 2009

That would be me she is hanging up on...

(Let's try this one more time (see post below this). First time I tried to post this, the comic strip didn't post!)


I burst out laughing when I read the above! It is so directed at me. Yes, I am a victim of ~Recorded Message Rage~. I think my friends would tell you I'm usually a fairly mild mannered gal, but get me on the phone with a non-human originating voice and the cussing invariably begins. Only thing worse is the RM where you have to speak your answers instead of punching in my case, usually the wrong a number. I must have a speech impediment because the reply I almost always get is "I'm sorry, I didn't understand what you said. Will you please repeat your answer?" After the 3rd or 4th time hearing this, yup, the cussing begins.

Laughing at oneself...
It's good to do!

~~~

xoabb
expect anything!

11 comments:

  1. I always get upset when this happens, too. And I curse. Like a sailor. (Not out loud, though).

    Ok. Out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO me too! I even cuss at the stupid messages. I know. I'm bad. Do you think they hear me when I say FU?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this, too. Charter Communications comes to mind. Of course, that recorded person gets hostile if you don't do what you're told, so it's fairsy squaresy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!!! Yes, you are so right and how I do identify. My kids can do a skit of me trying to interact with one of those voice-operated thingies. They die laughing. I raise my eyebrows and say, "Let me see you try!"

    Do not get me started on trying to navigate touch tone/recorded systems.

    I feel a coronary coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am a classic screaming at the phone... I WANT A HUMAN a HUMAN WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH PLEASE!!!!!! JUST GIVE ME A BLEEPING HUMAN... AND from there things go down hill cause when i finally get a human... before i start i apologise ... because i will let it all out and if i dont warn them they will hang up LOL....
    oh dear i think that was my cartoon....
    Alton did egg plant tonight...
    I want alton brown for christmas ... can i have him????

    ReplyDelete
  6. So did you have to call technical support to remedy the missing image issue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me anti-social, but I would rather push buttons (albeit not for 30 minutes) than talk to a condescending human that has little/no education and treats me like an infant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so with you! this is so frustrtating when all you want is an answer to a simple d*** question!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb