Saturday, January 26, 2008

D. C. and the Auto Show

I need to screw off my feet and put on my spare pair. NOW!

GB, my sis, brother in law and I spent the better part of today at the Washington Auto Show. While their website kind of stinks, (to my non-car mind), the show itself was just amazing! Nearly every auto company was represented, from Scion's and Kia's to Bentley's and Mazeratti's. All the companies had concept cars and some of those were incredible.

The very "coolest", (at least I think Chrysler is banking that this auto's "cool" will appeal to a certain male demographic......but......wait a minute......the damn thing is a MINI-van......are you KIDDING me??? You're trying to appeal to any male demographic with a MINI-van??? HOW MANY marketing dollars did you spend for that idea, Chrysler??? It's. A. Freakin'. MINI. van.!!), was what Chrysler calls it's Town and Country Black Jack Van. It sports a complete black jack table in the back area of the van, and if you get tired of that, a large-screen tv under the back hatch. Bottom line? It's a mini-van. Emphasis on mini. Mini and sexy should never be used in the same sentence (there's one exception - see next paragraph).

My favorites at the show were the Mini Coopers. Emphasis on mini. (Mini and sexy should only be used together when referring to the Coop.) It was a small herd of Coops, 12 to be exact, each one different and the next one cuter than the last. What a lovely tooling-around mobile. LOVE 'em, love 'em!


Tonight we're off to Peking Gourmet Inn, for their world famous Peking duck.

Are we having fun yet???? Yep, actually we're having a blast!

Except my feet..........my poor poor feet....

~~~
xoabb


P. S. -

It's now 11:00PM EDT and we've just returned from the above named restaurant. We are all groaning....with pure delight! NEVER have we had a more EXCELLENT meal, well, ok, definitely one of our top five! The Peking duck was all and more it was touted to be - and Peking Inn's other signature dish, (that we all shared), their ~garlic sprouts stir fried with shrimp (our choice), chicken or beef~ was simply over the top. (I understand the owners grow the garlic sprouts for this dish and there's a fresh crop every day for this.) Can't begin to tell you how delicious it was. Simply superb!

If you are EVER in the DC area, do yourself a favor and dine at the Peking Gourmet Inn. A little out of the way, but you certainly will not be disappointed!!

2 comments:

  1. Is peking duck part of Weight Watchers? Like the creme fraiche...just askin'

    You don't even what to know how much I ate this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CALORIES DON'T EVER COUNT ON WEEKENDS!!!

    CREME FRAICHE NEVER COUNTS, NOT EVER - THAT'S NEVER!!!!!

    PEKING DUCK IS A DIET FOOD!!!

    Yep, that's my philosophy and I'm stickin' to it!
    :)
    xoabb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb