Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It's D-Day.......O Dear........

I always feel like January 9th is my true New Year's Day, as that's the actual day in the new year I begin to address the resolutions I've made. We have a large family that's scattered around the USA and some or all of us are together during the Xmas holiday every year, then there's New Year's Eve, and then there's my husband, GB's birthday on January 8th. His mom is always with us until the day after his birthday - she left today - so things don't really calm down before then.

Of course, there's also ~the birthday dinner~ to contend with......and it is SO not diet food! Whenever a family member has a birthday, they get to choose their birthday menu. Mine is reservations. Our son's is chicken. Both of our girls and GB's favorite menu is always always stringy roast beef (much better than it sounds), mashed potatoes with gravy and peas. GB's birthday cake of choice is a chocolate cream pie. There are about 1000 calories in every bite of this meal.

So here I sit on my "New Year's Day" getting all hot and bothered about the fact that reality must now be faced and I gotta start ~talkin' the talk~ and ~walkin' the walk~! Oh dear.

~~~

xoabb

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention all that wine we drank last night in the pretense of playing bridge. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

    I see we have a common interest besides Pioneer Woman, that being genealogy and graveyard photography. I have lots of comments, but I'll try not make them all here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb