Thursday, January 31, 2008

It is NOT AT ALL Pretty!

As I regretfully (I'm beginning to think) shared with all of you 3 weigh-ins ago, I joined Weight Watchers Online. It went swimmingly for that first weigh-in - I lost 3, count 'em, 3 pounds! The second weigh-in was good, too - I lost 2 pounds. That's 5 pounds in 2 weigh-ins/weeks! Absolutely FABU!!

And then......the unthinkable happened.....we journeyed to see my seeester & b-i-l and had a weekend-long food orgy, (along with a very excellent time).

Today, my sis just HAD to tell me that one serving of the Peking Duck we so groaned over because it was sooooo good, is 10 WW points PER SERVING. Considering the fact that I had too too many servings, I do think I easily used up my point allotment for the next week, maybe even two weeks! Why she had to depress me so with this information is beyond my sisterly comprehension. WHY, CARE, WHY?????

So, today I step on the scale. SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS - I'VE GAINED 3 (THREE) POUNDS!!! HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY BE????? Well, let's put just a little think behind this, Ann. If one eats more Peking than one expends, one will gain weight. Duh!! And though we walked about a million miles at the car show, it obviously didn't take care of all that Peking thing. DANG IT!! (Boy, was it good!)

Below you will see the damage I did......the scale never lies!!!




Why, look at that!
The scale is showing NO NUMBERS???
Those fairy-scale goddesses are working overtime!
They've blotted out those horrid scale numbers I do NOT want to see!!
Imagine that!

~~~
xoabb

P. S. My buddy, Mental Pause Mama, just informed me that when she looks at the above photo all she sees is a Rorschach uterus......hmmmmm......I'll have to think on that one. Note to self: Go read up on Rorschach Ink Blot Testing.

5 comments:

  1. Annie--you should use my technique. Don't get on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I tagged you for a meme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fair talking WW. I have gained about 5 lbs since my lowest. Talk about unfair. I hate weight issues. At least you make them funny. I am going down a very bad path. Next time write about chocolate. Can I have your scale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing over here because this is what I was doing last spring with a quest to lose 50 lbs. Right. I did lose 10, but it took about 8 weeks. What did happen was that with all the exercise, my muscle tone is much better and some of the lumps are gone. Um...I'm so not getting on my scale right now, so that would put me in mental p mama's neck of the woods on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie? Your feet on the scale? It is a rorscharcht test to me. A uterus and fallopian tubes. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb