Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I LOVE My New Camera!

One of our Christmas Family Traditions (actually more of a sanity-saver than a tradition) is that the adults draw names. My dad had my name this year and knew via mom's clever sleuthing ("Ann what would you like for Christmas?") I wanted a camera that took better macro pictures than the camera I had. Lo and behold, on Christmas day I opened my present and in it was a Pentax Optio W30 digital camera. It has more bells and whistles than I'll ever get around to learning to use, but what I wanted a new camera for, it does beautifully!


I'm a very novice picture-taker, not even good enough to be called a ~photographer~ yet (just you wait, tho, one day soon that title will fit) but as you can see I did manage to take a nice close-up of my blooming-in-the-dead-of-winter (can you believe that??) bougainvillea. The actual pink flower petals are only about 1/2" long. Click on the picture and you - obviously - zoom in....Look! You can even see the little "hairs" on the petals!! WOW!!

~~~
xoabb

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb