Thursday, July 03, 2008

An Update, A Lily, & Cuteness Overload

An Update:
I'm baaaack!! Got my computer. It's working brilliantly. It has nothing on it. (It would have cost between 2 and 3 thousand to retrieve the data, and frankly, though I'll miss a lot of what I had, not $3000 worth!) My hard drive just up and died deader than dead. It was defective from the factory get-go so it was just a matter of time before it ceased to work. That'll teach me to be lazy about backing up!  Getting my external hard drive set up with Time Machine asap and am making it a point to backup at least every few weeks!  Thank GOD my hubby had the good sense to buy the extended 3 year warranty!  Smartest thing ever!  Soooo...2000+ pictures -gone...genealogy program with all the relatives listed on it - gone (I do have an older version on my other computer. The pictures?  Nope, those I took off.)...music - gone.  You get the picture, I'm sure.  

A Lily:


My eldest daughter, Rem and I stopped by to see our Little Miss Magic and her mommy.  There are the most beautiful lilies blooming in their yard! This one was so intensely pink it almost looked like it was fake.  I've never seen that color before. 

A cuteness-overload moment:  


Little Missy loves her Auntie's (that would be me) glasses!  She immediately starts looking for them when she sees me.  Once she has them, on they go and on they stay!  Isn't that little girl just the cutest thing you've ever seen, stained shirt and all??


~~~

xoabb 

10 comments:

  1. That's cute indeed!
    A tip for the backup.
    Make it nightly - and there is a setting, where it just adds, what has been changed during the day - keeping a 1:1 copy at all times.
    It can be set to do so automatically, so you set it and...
    yes - right! Forget it!
    Cheers, Klaus
    P.S.: Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Klaus, that's what I'll do!

    It's good to be back and have be able to start visiting all my favorite places again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get an external hard drive and say "Yes" when Leopard asks you if you want to use it as a Time Machine backup device.

    Then just plug it in on a regular basis and let Time Machine do its thing. It'll store hourly backups for a week, then weeklies for a month, then monthlies until it runs out of space at which point in time it'll start pruning older backups automatically.

    Not bad for free and built in.

    Make sure and reformat the hard drive before you do, though, most hard drives come formatted with a DOS filesystem. Stupid as no modern computer -- not even Windows -- works optimally with a DOS filesystem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although the writing at the top of the post was very tiny and hard for me to read, I'm glad I did. And the sweet treat at the end of the post was more than worth it! What an adorable child. Oh, you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Cuteness overload is an understatement. Thanks for this post, and thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go get my hands on that baby! Welcome back Annie! I guess...;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GAWD! That is just really tooooo cute! I am absolutely melting over those sweet photos of litttle Missy! She is so adorable... my oh my... I cannot believe the eyes on that sweet little girl. She is one very special little girl! WOW... you must be one very proud Auntie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful lily! I love the color! I'm so glad you are back and have a good attitude about the losses. It can be so frustrating. Adorable niece with your glasses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that girl is just beautiful. I could just pinch those cheeks!

    Glad you are up and running again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! I'm a bit behind in doing my visiting, also, but not because of computer problems.

    Those are gorgeous lilies, and a real cutie of a little Missy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thought. It's appreciated! xoabb